Well, Reese and I have been sick for a few days. She and I woke up with 102 degree temps yesterday! We're just waiting for everyone else to get it......it's really only a matter of time. Oh well.....
On that note, I think that everyone pretty much takes their health for granted until something happens to shake things up a bit. For instance, I went to the doctor a month ago for a physical. No big deal, passed with flying colors, EXCEPT for two things. First, my blood sugar was a bit high (and I know why, I eat too many sweets and carbs and by body can't process them well, thus making it harder to lose weight). So, my doctor encouraged me to change my eating habits and watch my carb and sugar intake. I took her literally and with me it's all or nothing, so I eliminated most breads, crackers, cereal, muffins:), candy, CHOCOLATE(!), etc. from my diet(I don't drink anything but water and black coffee anyway). I replaced them with extra veggies and a little more fruit. The effect of the diet change in just a month? I've lost 10 lbs! Heathy and losing weight! Wonderful!!! Plus, I feel a ton better. The second thing that needed addressing after my doctor's appt. was my thyroid. My family has a long history of thyroid problems and my doctor regularly checks mine. They did an ultrasound and sent me to a specialist this time. I went to the specialist yesterday (with 102 fever and all) and he confirmed that there were three nodguls (sp?)/lumps. Two don't really matter as much to him because they are very small, but the third he decided to biopsy in his office. Not a comfortable experience, but not anything close to childbirth. So, he went over all the details with me regarding if it's benign or if it's cancer and what treatments I would undergo. A bit scary from a worldly perspective, but I feel pretty good about it. I know that I don't need to worry or be anxious, that's exactly what Satan would want. I just need to remember that God works everything for the good of those who love Him. So, I'm not taking my health for granted any longer.......the kids and I are going to look at the autumn colors on our own self-guided driving tour this morning! Pray for Bryan today, he might be getting sick and he took yesterday off to watch the kids and I. A lot of pressure from work lately be/c it's time to start thinking about being a partner. Love you!!!
~Kate
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yea! this is a fabulous idea, however, it still does not dismiss you from our yearly phone call!!! :) i forgot to mention on the phone that i have a blog for the spa & it has pics if you want to check out my world. www.ladolcevitaspa.blogspot.com
lots of love! hope you all have a speedy recovery!
Hi Kate!
What a terrific idea. Joel and were copy cats and just started a blog for our family, too. Joel will be sending an email soon with that address. Kate, you're inspiring me to try the no carb thing, too. I will be praying for you on the thyroid issue. Please keep us up to date. We love you very much!
Post a Comment