Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We're here!

Well, the raccoons have moved on as have the carpenter bees and ants (a scenario that happened after the raccoons, but I won't go into detail about now). So we are pest free for now. Bryan has had many thoughts about moving to a condo where someone else is in charge of repairs and upkeep after these issues. Seems ideal except for our children's growing need to be outside and just run. Speaking of running....we had a babysitter over for a few hours yesterday and she let Bob out without his leash. (I would have done the same thing because it's just a pain to keep up with him on these hot and humid days) Well, he took off and she felt so badly about it. She called her family for help, not realizing they were gone and about 40 minutes away. It all worked out in the end and Bob was brought home by a landscaper after running about a mile or so away. We were all surprised at how quickly he could get so far! We were also surprised that he wasn't found at a local restaurant, grocery store, or dumpster - his usual places of interest. So, now it's back to the leash for old Bob. Invisible fence looks better every day:)
Everyone else is doing well. Bryan is working a lot and keeping track of the summer programs at work. I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and wishing I could have this baby (healthy of course) any day that God allows. Riley is looking forward to kindergarten and attended a camp recently with other children that will be attending in the fall with her. She will do so well, I just know it. Reese is also looking forward to starting pre-k in the fall and we're anxiously awaiting her class placement to see if she'll have the same lovely set of teachers that Riley had. Reese also attended a camp recently with other 3 year olds and enjoyed it, but didn't have a lot to say about it other than she didn't like having bug spray put on and her teachers helped her too much with the craft projects. Charlie has had the easiest summer of us all (other than some bumps on the head and falls). He's enjoying exploring the outdoors and going berry-picking! This is the first summer that he "gets it" and asks to go back to get more berries every time we pass the farm! I wish I'd had my camera with me the 2nd time we went to the strawberry farm. He was a mess! The first time we'd gone, he was apprehensive and distracted by the tractor, but the second time he just sat down and feasted on the fruits of everyone elses labor! We also went blueberry picking this past weekend and he did the same thing. Basically, the girls and Bryan were filling a large box with berries and I just continued supplying Charlie with a feast of berries to enjoy:) We hope you're enjoying your summer too! Keep in touch!

1 comment:

About Nancy said...

It was fun to read about your family. I pray your pregnancy flies by and glad Bob's back!
Fun read.
Nancy